Sweet Porridge of cracked wheat served in Rajasthan
- 1 cup coarse cracked wheat
- 1 cup Jaggery
- 1/2 cup ghee
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 1/4 teaspoon cardamom powder
- Almonds, for garnish
- coconut, for garnish
- In a bowl, add water to jiggery and let it heat till jiggery melts
- Strain the syrup to remove any impurities from jiggery. Keep this jaggery syrup aside.
- Heat the ghee and cracked wheat in a pressure cooker and roast them on medium heat till it turns golden brown.
- Add the jaggery syrup in roasted cracked wheat and pressure cook it to 4-5 whistles.
- Let it rest for 5 minutes then open the pressure cooker.
- Add cardamom powder,almonds and coconut and serve hot.