Lagan Nu Custard is a delicious Parsi dessert prepared during weddings. It is a simple recipe made with milk, sugar, and nuts.
- 1 1/4 litre Full-cream milk
- 3/4 teaspoon Freshly made nutmeg and green-cardamom powder (in equal quantities)
- 1/2 cup Condensed milk
- 1 small bowl. Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Ghee or butter
- Toasted and slightly salted sliced nuts to garnish
- Raisins, slightly roasted in ghee
- Boil milk and then simmer, stirring continuously.
- Add condensed milk, sugar, powdered green-cardamom and nutmeg and cook for 5 min.
- Strain the mixture through a muslin cloth.
- Grease a large ovenproof dish with ghee, pour the mixture into the dish.
- Bake at 220C for the first 30 min in top rack.
- Add nuts and raisins over the custard and transfer to the middle rack.
- Bake for another 15–20 min at 200C.
- Remove the custard after 30 min and chill in the refrigerator.
- Enjoy Lagan Nu Custard after a few hours.