Kaju ki katli is a popular sweet dish. So if you are thinking kulfa ki katli is similar sweet dish, then you are wrong. Kulfa ki katli is spicy lentil curry from Hyderabad.
- 2 bunch Kulfa / Purslane leaves, cleaned and chopped
- 2 Dried Red chillies
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- 2 tablespoons Black mustard seeds
- 2 tablespoons Cumin seeds
- 3 tablespoons Oil
- 1 sprig Curry Leaves
- 3 Green chilli, minched
- 6 tablespoons Oil
- Salt to taste
- 1 cup Tur dal
- 1 Tomato, chopped finely
- 1 tablespoon Ginger Garlic paste
- 1 tablespoon Red chilli powder
- 1/4 tablespoon Turmeric powder
- 1 tablespoon raw Tamarind juice/ imli ka khatta
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice, instead of tamarind juice.
- 6 Curry Leaves
- Pressure cook cleaned dal along with ginger garlic paste, tomato, red chilli powder, turmeric and sufficient water. Blend when cool.
- Heat oil. Fry kulfa leaves. Add green chillies, tamarind juice and curry leaves.
- Cook over medium heat till leaves are cooked.
- Add blended dal and bring to boil.
- Adjust taste with salt and consistency with water.
- Prepare seasoning by heating oil and frying cumin, mustard seeds, garlic cloves, dried red chillies.
- Pour seasoning / baghar over the dal. Allow to cook for few minutes
- Garnish with chopped cilantro. Serve Kulfa ki katli along with steamed hot rice.