Kadhi is a popular side dish in north Indian food plate. This recipes is kadhi – Yogurt bengal gram curry with nutritious purslane leaves.
- 1 cup yogurt / curd
- 1/2 bunch kulfa leaves, finely chopped
- 2 1/2 teaspoons toor dal
- 2 teaspoons sugar / jaggery
- 1/2 tablespoon bengal gram flour / besan
- 1 inch ginger, chopped
- 2 teaspoons cumin seeds / Jeera
- 2 green chilies, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/4 teaspoon asafoetida / hing
- 2 broken dry red chilies
- 8 curry leaves
- Oil as required
- Salt to taste
- Blend yogurt with water, besan, turmeric powder and salt till smooth paste. Keep aside.
- Grind ginger, cumin seeds, green chilies, jaggery and asafoetida to smooth paste.
- Heat oil. Fry kulfa leaves with little water. Cook till leaves are cooked.
- Combine with yogurt mix, ginger paste. Mix well.
- Heat oil. Splutter mustard seeds, curry leaves and dry red chillies. Add mixture and bring to boil with continous stirring.
- Adjust taste with salt and consistency with water.
- Serve kulfa ki kadhi hot with steamed rice.