Purslane leaves cooked with whole bengal gram.
- 500 grams Kulfa / purslane, washed, finely chopped
- 2 onions, medium size, finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons Chana dal / Bengal gram split
- 1/4 teaspoon Asafetida / hing
- Salt as pertaste
- 1 teaspoon Red Chili powder
- 3 tablespoons oil
- Heat oil. Add hing and onion. Saute till onion are translucent.
- Add washed kulfa leaves and chana dal. Mix well.
- Add spices and salt. Add little water. Mix well and cook covered till bengal gram is cooked.
- Serve kulfa burji hot with roti.