A simple curry made of lentils and jackfruit seeds
- 10 jackfruit seeds / Kothalor, peeled
- 1 cup yellow peas / matara
- 2 Green chilies
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon ginger, shredded
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- Salt to taste
- Pressure cook yellow peas and jackfruit seeds along with baking soda and salt with enough water until soft.
- Heat oil. Splutter mustard seeds, chillies, garlic and ginger. Saute for few minutes.
- Add soft jackfruit seeds and yellow peas. Add 100 ml water and mix. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Serve Kothalor Chakoi with rice.