Fried bread stuffed with spiced peas. It is also known as Matar Kachori in North India.
- 2 cups All-purpose flour, sieved
- 1/2 teaspoon Sugar (optional)
- 1 cup Green peas
- 2 teaspoons Ghee
- 1/2 teaspoon Ginger
- 2 Garlic
- 2 Green chilies
- 1 pinch Asafetida / hing
- 1 teaspoon Red chili powder
- 1 teaspoon Roasted cumin powder
- Salt, as per taste
- Mix salt and flour. Along with oil and warm water, knead to smooth dough. Rest for 30 minutes.
- Grind peas, ginger, garlic and green chillies to coarse paste along with little water.Ghee roast pea mixture. Add pinch of hing, red chilli powder, cumin powder, sugar and salt. Stir continuously till mixture is dry. Allow to cool.
- Take small piece of dough. Roll into small circle. Place a tsp of pea mixture and cover edges. Roll stuffed dough to flat shape without cracking dough.
- Deep fry in hot oil till golden brown on all sides.
- Serve Koraishutir Kochuri hot along with green chutney.