Khus Khus ke Parantha is an easy to make flatbread filled with a mixture of poppy seeds and spices.
- 1/2 cup Khus khus/poppy seeds, soaked in water for 15-20 minutes
- 1 teaspoon ghee
- 2 teaspoons coriander leaves, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mango powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kalongi (nigella seeds)
- Salt to taste
- 3 tablespoons minced ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon asafoetida
- 3 tablespoons cumin seeds
- 2 dried red chillies
- 5 cloves
- 4 cardamoms
- 1/2 inch cinnamon stick
- Whole wheat dough as required
- Whole wheat flour for dusting
- Ghee/oil for frying
- Make a fine paste of khus khus and keep aside.
- Dry roast cumin seeds, chilli, cardamom, cloves and cinnamon and grind to a fine powder.
- Heat ghee. Fry asafoetida, ginger and khus khus paste. Stir constantly. Stop heating.
- Add kalongi, dry mango powder, salt, ground spice mix and coriander leaves. Mix well. Keep this filling aside.
- Make dough by mixing flour and water.
- Take a piece of dough. Roll a little, place spoonful of filling inside, cover up and roll into paratha.
- Bake paratha on both sides. Grease with oil / ghee for crispy outside.
- Serve Khus khus parantha hot with pickle.