Mixed vegetables cooked with coconut and yogurt
- 1 cup Yam/chena, cut in 1 inch cube
- 2 Shallots/Kunjulli
- 1 cup pumpkin/mathan, cut 1 inch long
- 1 cup Carrot, cut 1 inch long
- 1 cup Kaya/ Raw Banana, cut 1/2 inch long
- 1 cup Taro/chembu, cut 1 inch long
- 1 Drumstick, cut 2 inch
- 1 Tomato, chopped
- 1 cup okra, cut 1 inch long
- 3/4 cup Coconut
- Coconut Oil
- 1 ginger, inch long
- 4 Green Chilly
- 1 sprig – Curry leaf
- 3/4 teaspoon Cumin Seeds / Jeerakam
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/2 cup Yogurt
- Salt to taste
- Grind coconut, cumin seeds, turmeric, green chillies, curry leaves and ginger with water into thick paste. Keep aside.
- Heat oil. Stir fry vegetables. Add water and cook till all are tender.
- Add ground coconut paste to vegetables. Stir. Add yogurt.
- Serve hot avail along with rice.