Spiced Rice preparation with eggplant
- 1 cup Rice, pressure cooked separately
- 3 Brinjals, cubes cut lengthwise
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Oil
- 1 tablespoon Coconut
- 1/4 teaspoon Asafoetida
- 1/2 teaspoon Mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon Black peppercorns
- 3 Red chillies
- 2 teaspoons Urad dal
- 1 tablespoon Bengal Gram/chana dal
- 1 tablespoon Coriander seeds
- Salt as required
- 1/4 teaspoon Turmeric Powder
- 1 Ginger piece, an inch long, finely chopped
- 1 Green chilli, slit
- 3 tomatoes
- Curry leaves -few
- Heat oil and roast coriander seeds, chana dal, urad dal, pepper and coconut. Grind and keep aside.
- Stir fry brinjals in oil along with mustard, little urad dal, curry leaves, hing, green chillies, ginger, turmeric and ground masala. Sprinkle little water and heat on low flame.
- Once brinjals are cooked, add tomatoes and salt.
- Mix this with cooked rice.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve Kattirikai sadam hot.