Brinjal cooked in a coconut and curd based gravy
- 200 milliliters Curd
- 1 big Brinjal
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 1 inch piece Ginger, minced
- Few Curry leaves
- 6 Garlic cloves, minced
- 2 Green chilies, chopped
- 3/4 teaspoon Turmeric powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Fenugreek powder
- 1 teaspoon Chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Asafetida
- Oil as required
- 1/4 teaspoon Mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon Cumin seeds
- Salt to taste
- 3 Dry chilies
- Marinate brinjal with salt, chili and turmeric powder.
- Heat oil in a pan and shallow fry brinjal for 20 minutes. Keep aside.
- Whisk curd with salt and 1/4 cup water. Keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and splutter mustard seeds.
- Add dry chilies, cumin seeds and curry leaves. Sauté for 2 seconds.
- Add onion, green chilies, ginger and garlic. Saute for 4-5 minutes over low flame.
- Add brinjal and saute for 2-3 minutes. Switch off the flame and allow to cool.
- Add brinjal to curd and heat over low flame for a minute.
- Serve Kathirikka moru curry with rice.