Brinjal/eggplant cooked in a spicy and delicious masala
- 500 grams Brinjal, cut into strips
- 1 teaspoon Chilly powder
- 1 teaspoon Coriander powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Turmeric powder
- 1 Onion, medium sized and chopped
- 1 sprig Curry leaves
- 3 Garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon Cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon Mustard seeds
- 2 tablespoons Oil
- Salt to taste
- Heat oil in a skillet and splutter seeds.
- Add cumin seeds, curry leaves, garlic and saute for a minute.
- Add onion and add turmeric, coriander and chilly powder. Sauté for few more minutes.
- Add brinjal, salt and mix well.
- Cook covered for 5-7 minutes.
- Serve Kathirikka masala hot with rice or roti.