Kathal Ka Khatta is jackfruit cooked in a thick and creamy yogurt gravy. It tastes best when served with rice.
- 500 gms unripe Jack fruit/Kathal, cut into pieces and fried
- 1 liter Curd
- 1/2 tablespoon Tumeric powder
- 1 tablespoon Red chilli powder
- 1 tablespoon Jeera powder
- 2 tablespoons Coriander powder
- 4 tablespoons Mustard oil
- 2 tablespoons Ghee
- 6 cloves Garlic
- 2 inches Ginger
- 2 medium size Onion
- Salt to taste
- Grind together ginger, garlic and onion into a fine paste.
- Heat oil in a pressure cooker. Roast ginger garlic paste till light brown.
- Add ghee, all the dry spices, beaten curd and water. Stir continuously and bring to boil.
- Add fried jackfruit. Mix well. Pressure cook the ingredients on low flame for one whistle.
- Garnish with coriander leaves. Serve Kathal ka khatta hot with rice.