Baby potatoes cooked in Kashmiri way
- 1/2 kilogram Baby Potatoes
- Oil – for deep frying
- 1 teaspoon Shahjeera
- 1 tablespoon Fennel Seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon Whole black pepper corns
- 2 Cinnamon, inch long
- 2 Cloves
- 2 Cardamom
- 1 teaspoon Kashmiri Red chili powder
- 1 tablespoon Red chili powder
- 1 tablespoon Dry ginger powder (sonth)
- 1/2 cup Yogurt (Curd), whisked
- Salt – to taste
- Pressure cook potatoes till half cooked. Prick with fork and keep aside.
- Coarsely grind fennel seeds. Mix along with chilli powders and 3 tbsp. water to paste. Keep aside.
- Heat oil. Stir fry baby potatoes till golden brown. Drain and keep aside.
- Heat oil. Roast shahijeera, cardamom, cloves, cinnamon and pepper corns for a minute.
- Add chilli paste. Stir for minute. Add curd and 1/2 cup water. Bring to boil.
- Add fried potatoes, dry ginger powder and salt. Mix and cook for 10 minutes till gravy is thick.
- Serve Kashmiri Dum Alu hot with roti.