Dried bottlegourd cooked along with masoor dal in kashmir
- 20 Al Hach / Dried Bottle Gourd, strips washed with water
- 2 cups Red Lentil / Masoor dal
- 2 Tomatoes
- 1 Onion, large chopped
- 1 tablespoon ginger garlic paste
- 1 Black cardamom, crushed
- 3 Green chilies, cut lengthwise
- 1 tablespoon Turmeric powder
- 1 tablespoon Red Chili Powder
- Salt to taste
- 2 sprigs, Coriander leaves, chopped
- 1 Lemon
- Soak Al Hac'h strips in boiled water for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in pressure cooker. Fry cardamom and onion till onion are translucent.
- Add and fry tomatoes, ginger garlic paste till oil separates. Add turmeric and chilli powder.
- Add Red lentils and Al Hac'h. Add water and pressure cook till lentils are cooked.
- Squeeze lemon juice, garnish with coriander leaves and serve Kashmiri Al hach Masoor dal with rice.