Spiced bitter gourd vegetable side dish
- 2 Bitter gourd, sliced
- 2 tablespoons Oil
- 1 Onion, sliced
- 1 Green Chilli
- 2 Potato, peeled and cut into sticks.
- 1 Tomato, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon Paanch phoron
- 2 tablespoons Coriander powder
- 2 teaspoons Cumin powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Turmeric powder
- Salt as per taste
- Marinate bittergourd slices with oil, salt and turmeric. Keep aside for 10 minutes.
- Heat oil and pan fry drained bitter gourd till golden brown. Keep aside.
- Heat oil. Splutter panch phoron. Add onion and saute till tender.
- Add potatoes, bitter gourd and other spices. Stir and cook covered till potatoes are almost cooked.
- Add tomatoes and continue cooking till tomatoes and potatoes are cooked.
- Serve Karela Bhaja with roti or rice.