Halwa made with rice water
- 4 cups Rice water / Kanji vellam (Rice water drained after cooking rice)
- Coconut milk from one coconut
- 6 blocks Jaggery
- 1 cup Rice powder
- 1 teaspoon Cardamom powder
- Few Cashew nuts and raisins
- Boil rice water with coconut milk, stirring occasionally.
- Add jaggery and allow it to melt.
- Mix rice powder with little rice water and add it to the pan.
- As the halwa thickens, add cardamom powder, ghee, raisins and cashewnuts. Mix well.
- Transfer to a plate that has been coated with ghee.
- Cut Kanji vellam halwa into desired shapes and serve.