Sweet and sour relish made with star fruit and green chilies.
- 500 grams Star fruit, cut into medium size pieces
- 100 grams Green chilies, sliced
- 1 1/2 cups Sugar, or as per taste
- 1/2 teaspoon Turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon Coriander powder
- Salt to taste
- 3/4 teaspoon Cumin seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon Asafoetida
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Cooking oil
- Heat oil and splutter cumin seeds. Add asafetida, chilies and star fruit. Sauté for a minute
- Add salt, turmeric powder and 1/2 cup water. Cook covered for 10 minutes till star fruit becomes soft.
- Add sugar, coriander powder and mix. Boil until the gravy becomes slightly thick.
- Allow to cool and store Kamrakh mirchi ki launji in air tight glass jar.