Dosas are made in multiple variants. This one is with watermelon rind. Fibers of watermelon make it different. Enjoy the health benefits of watermelon rind.
- 1 cup dosa rice, soaked in water for one hour
- 1/4 cup grated coconut
- 1/4 cup beaten rice
- 1 cup chopped watermelon rind
- Salt to taste
- Jaggery, for sweet variant of dosa
- Blend the white rind portion with little pieces of watermelon.
- Add puree to soaked rice, grated coconut and beaten rice. Grind to smooth batter without adding water. Add little salt and allow batter to ferment overnight.
- Heat pan and pour a ladle of batter and spread in circular fashion to make round shape.
- Apply oil to edges and side. Flip over to cook other side.
- Serve kalingana polo with coconut chutney.