Tangy and savory boiled blackpeas salad.
- 500 grams dry black chickpeas, soaked overnight
- 1 chopped tomato
- Chopped green chillis
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 red onions, cut into fine rings
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon nigella seeds
- 2 tablespoons white poppy seeds
- 1/4 cup tamarind chutney
- Coriander leaves
- Raw red onion rings
- Drain and pressure cook chickpeas with water till soft.
- Heat oil. Splutter cumin seeds, nigella seeds and poppy seed. Add onions and fry till soft yet crunchy.
- Add boiled chickpeas. Mix well. Cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Take off heat. Add tamarind chutney and mix well. Garnish with coriander leaves and onion rings.
- Turn off heat and add the tamarind chutney and garnish.
- Serve Kalay chanay hot.