Fritters made from grass pea available locally in Himachal Pradesh
- Kalan / Grass pea, locally available in Kangra region of Himachal
- Green Chilli
- Turmeric powder
- Ajwain Seeds
- Mint Leaves
- Coriander leaves, chopped
- Basil Leaves, chopped
- Onion, chopped
- Oil for frying
- Break the grains of grass pea coarsely and remove the outer covering by winnowing
- Soak overnight and ground well.
- Add finely chopped onion and mint leaves to paste
- Add spices and salt in batter. Mix well
- Heat oil in pan. Deep fry round portions of batter till fully cooked.
- Serve along with curd or chutney