Popular festive sweet made from cashew nuts.
Many buy kaju katli from sweet shop. It seems quite easy to make kaju katlee at home but is quite tricky. To make perfect kaju katli one must focus on right consistency of cashew and sugar syrup. Learn how to make Kajoo katli.
Image – Flickr user Garrett Ziegler
- 1 cup Cashews nut
- 4 Cardamom pods, seeds removed and powdered
- 1 pinch Salt
- 1/2 cup Sugar or as per taste
- 1/4 cup Water
- 1 tablespoon ghee
- Grind cashews to find powder.
- Add cardamom powder, salt and ghee. Mix well.
- Boil water. Add sugar till it dissolves.
- Add cashew mixutre and stir till mixture thickens and is cooked for 7-10 minutes.
- Remove dough, knead and allow to cool.
- Roll dough into flat bread on greased back side of plate to about thickness of 5 mm.
- Place criss cross cuts with knife to make diamond shape.
- Garnish with grounded pistachio or saffron.
- Store kaju katli in airtight container.