Kachnar Madra is a Himachali traditional recipe that is very tasty and easy to cook. You can serve this dish with rice or chapati.
- Category: Himachali Recipes
- 250 grams Kachnar/Bauhinia variegate
- 1 cup Curd
- 3 teaspoons Coriander
- 2 Dried Red Chillies
- 1 teaspoon Turmeric powder
- Salt to taste
- 2 1/2 tablespoons Rai powder
- 3 tablespoons Oil
- Heat oil in a pan. Add and roast coriander seeds till brown.
- Add dried red chillies, hing, turmeric powder, salt and Kachnar. Saute for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Add curd, stir and cook for 10 minutes till curry boils.
- Prepare a paste of rai / mustard seed powder and curd and add it to the curry. Mix well.
- Serve Kachnar madra with rice or roti.