Sugar syruped raw turmeric cakes. Raw turmeric has multiple benefits for health. Learn how to make kachi haldi ki barfi in simple way.
- 500 grams kachi haldi / raw turmeric, peeled and grated
- 1 teaspoon Nutmeg powder
- 1 teaspoon Sonth/ dry ginger powder
- 1 teaspoon Clove, powder
- 2 teaspoons Cinnamon, powder
- 2 tablespoons Rasins
- 100 grams Almond
- 250 grams Ghee / clarified butter
- 750 grams Sugar
- 250 grams dry coconut, grated
- 1 teaspoon Cardamom powder
- Heat sugar till you form syrup with one thread consistency.
- Heat ghee in pan and roast haldi till dry and moisture dries up.
- Add haldi, coconut and almonds to sugar syrup along with spices. Mix well.
- Turn off the flame and add the raisins.
- Spread the mixture in a greased plate to about one inch thickness.
- Once cool, cut in required shape. Store kachi haldi ki barfi in air tight container.