Kachalu ki kadhi is a simple yet delicious curry in which colocasia roots are cooked in a yogurt based gravy. It tastes great with steamed rice.
- 500 grams Arbi /Kachalu /Colocasia Roots, boiled
- Mustard Oil
- Salt to Taste
- 1/2 teaspoon Red Chilly Powder
- 1 teaspoon Coriander Powder
- 1 cup Sour Buttermilk
- 2 Green Chilies
- 4 Garlic Pods
- 1 Strand Onion Greens
- 5 tablespoons Rice Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon Turmeric Powder
- Grind onion greens, onion white, red chillies and garlic pods into a coarse paste. Keep aside.
- Coat boiled arbi with 2 tablespoon rice flour and shallow fry in mustard oil.
- Heat 2 tablespoon mustard oil in a pan, add prepared coarse paste and stir.
- Combine 3 tablespoon rice flour with sour buttermilk in a bowl and mix well.
- Add this mixture to the pan and stir again.
- Add turmeric powder, red chilly powder, coriander powder, salt and fried arbies and cook for 5 more minutes.
- Serve Kachalu ki kadhi with hot steamed rice.