Kachalu ka salan is a delicious side dish prepared by cooking colocasia/arbi in a spicy masala. It can be served with biryani, rice or roti.
- 1 kilogram Arbi/Colocasia, cooked and peeled
- 1 liter Lassi / butter milk
- 1 piece Ginger, half inch
- 4 cloves Garlic
- 2 Onions
- 1 teaspoon Ajwain
- 1 teaspoon Rai
- 100 grams Mustard oil or desi ghee
- 1/2 teaspoon Turmeric powder
- Salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon Cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon Garam masala powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Kasuri methi
- 1 pinch Hing
- 1/2 teaspoon Dhania sabut
- 4 Sabut mirch
- Heat oil in a pan and temper sabut dhania and mirch, hing, rai and ajwain.
- Add onion and sauté till brown.
- Add ginger garlic paste and sauté for few minutes.
- Add cooked arbi and other spices and fry.
- Add lassi and cook till done.
- Temper again with desi ghee.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
- Serve Kachalu ka salan hot with rice or roti.