Hot and sweet pickle with Indian olive
- 500 grams jolphai/jolpai ( Indian olives)
- 2 1/2 cups grated jaggery
- 1/2 cup mustard oil
- 1 teaspoon paas puran/paach phuran
- 2 tablespoons cumin seeds
- 3 tablespoons coriander seeds, lightly roasted and ground
- 1 teaspoon red chilli powder
- 3 bay leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Steam jolphai till tender (about 10-15 minutes). Drain and scape off flesh discarding stones.
- Marinate jolphai with salt, cumin powder, coriander powder, chilli powder and grated jaggery.
- Heat oil. Splutter bay leaves, panch puran. Add jolphai mixture. Stir everything.
- Cover and cook over low heat for 10-15 minutes till ingredients combine into thick jam texture.
- Cool and store in airtight sterile jars.