Jhol is a traditional dish of Himachal Pradesh, made with buttermilk and spices. It is a quick and easy to prepare dish that goes well with rice.
- 3 -4 cups Buttermilk
- 1/2 teaspoon Cumin seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon Tumeric power
- Green chilli, finely chopped or a pinch red chilli power
- Fresh coriander leaves, chopped.
- Combine all the ingredients in a steel or copper pan.
- Place the pan on medium heat and stir constantly till the mixture changes to bright yellow color.
- Switch off the burner and continue stiring for half a minute.
- Serve jhol with rice.