Chickpeas cooked in spicy yogurt gravy
- 1/2 cup chickpeas
- 1/2 cup curd
- 1 tablespoon chickpea flour
- 1 tomato
- 1 onion
- 1 ginger piece, inch long
- 1 tablespoon oil
- A pinch of asafoetida powder
- Salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chilly powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
- Wash and soak chickpeas overnight
- Pressure cook the soaked chickpeas, whole tomato and peeled onion with 3 cups of water for 4-5 whistles.
- Once cool, mash the tomato and onion with the back of a ladle.
- Chop onion and ginger very finely
- Mix curd with chickpea flour, salt, chilly powder, turmeric powder, garam masala and combine to mix all the ingredients.
- Heat oil in a pan and crackle cumin seeds in it. Add asafoetida powder and pour the curd mixture in it.
- Cook the gravy for 6-7 minutes on medium heat till the oil starts floating on the sides.
- Add cooked chickpeas and cook again for few more minutes.
- Garnish with chopped fresh coriander leaves.