Stuffed spicy chilly side dish made in Hyderabadi style
- Category: Hyderabadi Recipes
- 8 green chillies, mild long variety, deseeded and slit lengthwise
- 5 tablespoons Oil
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon fenugreek seeds
- 1 teaspoon nigella seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon kashmiri chilli powder (or mild paprika)
- Salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 4 tablespoons tamarind paste
- Fresh coriander for garnish
- 1 tablespoon peanuts
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- 1 onion, diced
- 4 cloves, garlic
- Stir fry chillies in oil till skin is light brown. Drain and keep aside.
- Dry roast coriander seeds, cumin seeds, sesame seeds, peanuts and coconut. Grind into coarse powder. Keep aside.
- Oil fry onions till they are light brown. Grind with ginger and garlic to fine paste. Keep aside.
- Heat oil. Splutter mustard seeds, nigella seeds, fenugreek seeds. Fry ground paste till oil separates.
- Add chilli powder, turmeric powder, tamarind paste, fried chillies and ground spices. Stir so that masala coats chillies.
- Add water. Bring to boil. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Garnish with coriander leaves. Serve Hyderabadi Mirchi ka salan hot with rice.