Hinger Kachori is a popular Bengali breakfast dish/snack prepared by stuffing deep fried bread with a mixture of urad dal, ginger and asafetida. It tastes best when served with aloor dum or cholar dal.
- 1 cup maida/ All purpose flour
- 1/2 cup urad dal, soaked for 30 minutes
- 1/4 teaspoon hing/asafetida
- 1/2 inch ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon fennel seeds
- Oil to deep fry
- Knead a dough with flour, 2 tbsp of oil, salt and warm water. Keep it covered for 30 minutes.
- Grind ural dal, green chillies, ginger and fennel seeds into a coarse paste.
- Heat oil. Add asafetida and the paste. Stir continuously until the mixture dries up.
- Make small balls of the dough, stuff with the dal Mixture and roll them out.
- Deep fry the Kachoris in ghee or oil.
- Serve Hinger Kachori with cholar dal or aloor dum.