Himachali Pulao is a tasty rice dish, full of flavor and aroma. Basmati rice is cooked with dry fruits, nuts and spices.
- 3 cups Boiled Basmati Rice
- 12 -15 Dry Cherries
- 1 teaspoon Cumin Seeds
- 2 tablespoons Onion, chopped (optional)
- 1 Apple, chopped
- 3 tablespoons Pomegranate Seeds
- 1 inch Cinnamon Stick
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 1/3 teaspoon Black Pepper Powder
- 2 -3 Cloves
- 1/4 cup Boiled/Frozen Peas
- 3/4 teaspoon Coriander Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Garam Masala
- Salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon Raisins, dipped into the hot water for an hour
- 2 tablespoons Walnuts
- 2 tablespoons Cashews
- 2 tablespoons Ghee
- Heat and dry roast cashews and walnuts and keep it aside.
- Heat ghee. Roast add cumin seeds, bay leaf, cinnamon stick, cloves. Sauté. Add onions and sauté till golden brown.
- Add boiled rice, salt, garam masala, coriander powder, black pepper powder, peas, apple, pomegranate seeds, cherries, cashews, walnuts, raisins and mix well.
- Cook for 2-3 mins on medium heat.
- Serve Himachali Pulao hot.