Hare Lehsan Ki Chutney is a simple and easy chutney made with green garlic chives. You can serve this chutney with idli or dosa.
- 4 cups green garlic (hara lehsun), chopped
- 1 cup fresh grated coconut
- 1 tablespoon tamarind water
- 6 green chillies
- Salt to taste
- 2 tablespoons toovar / arhar dal
- 2 tablespoons urad dal / split black lentils
- 2 tablespoons chana dal / split bengal gram
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1 dry red chilli broken to pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon asafoetida
- Heat oil. Roast all dal till colour changes. Add green chillies and green garlic and roast for a while.
- Add salt, tamarind and grated coconut and blend everything with a little water. Keep aside.
- Temper the chutney with hot oil, fried mustard seeds, dry red chillies and asafoetida.
- Serve Hare lehsun ki chutney with idli or dosa.