Delicately sweet thin and flat rice dumplings packed in a fragrant Turmeric leaf.
- 1 1/2 cups ukda chawal, soaked for 4 hours in water
- 2 cups coconut, grated
- 125 grams jaggery
- 8 cardamoms powdered
- 12 Turmeric leaves (medium size, for wrapping), washed
- Grind soaked rice along with salt to thick paste.
- Mix well grated coconut, jaggery and cardamom powder.
- Spread on turmeric leaves layer of rice paste followed by layer of coconut mixture. Fold leaves verticall.
- Steam leaf / Patholis for about 20 minutes. When cool, peel off leaves
- Serve Haldikolyanche Patholi hot.