Vegetable dish made from leaves of aloe vera
- 2 Aloe vera leaves, washed, edged and cut in pieces
- 1 tablespoon Oil
- 1 Green chilli, finely chopped
- 1 pinch Asafoetida /hing
- 1/2 teaspoon Cumin seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon Turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon Coriander powder
- Mango powder / amchur
- Salt as per taste
- Boil aloe vera leaves in water along with salt and turmeric for 5 minutes. Strain aloe vera pieces and again wash with water.
- Stir fry them in hot oil along with cumin seeds, turmeric powder, coriander powder, green chillies. Adjust taste with salt and dried mango powder. Cook covered for 4-5 minutes.
- Serve Gwarpatha Sabji hot along with roti.