Gobhi ka palda is a special dish from the Chamba region of Himachal Pradesh. It is an easy and simple dish where potatoes and cauliflower are cooked in a yoghurt and rice flour based gravy.
- 1 medium size cauliflower, cut into florets
- 2 potatoes, cubed
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon rice flour
- 2 tablespoons mustard oil
- 1 cup yoghurt, beaten
- 2 green chilies, slit
- 1 teaspoon garlic, grated
- 1 teaspoon ginger, grated
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- Salt to taste
- 4 cloves
- 2 green cardamoms
- 1 piece cinnamon stick, inch long
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon coriander leaves, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon cardamom powder
- Mix together yoghurt, rice flour and cardamom powder. Keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and temper with cumin seeds, bay leaves, cinnamon, cardamoms and cloves. Saute.
- Add onion, ginger and garlic and saute till light brown.
- Add cauliflower, potatoes, salt, turmeric powder and green chilies. Mix well and cook, covered on a medium flame till they turn soft.
- Add yoghurt mix and simmer till it thickens.
- Garnish with coriander leaves serve Aloo gobi palda with rice or roti.