Long beans cooked along with coconut
- 1 bunch Yard Long Beans / Eeril / Whole Chowli Green Beans, cut in long pieces
- A handful of freshly scraped Coconut
- 2 Onions (peeled and finely diced)
- 2 Green Chillies (deseeded and finely cut)
- 1/4 teaspoon Cumin Seeds
- Curry leaves - few
- 1 pinch Asafoetida / HIng
- Sugar to taste
- 2 tablespoons Cooking Oil
- Salt to taste
- Heat oil. Add cumin seeds, asafoetida, green chillies, curry leaf and cook for a few seconds.
- Add the diced onions and saute until soft and tender. Add the chopped beans and stir well. Add water, cook covered till beans are tender.
- Adjust taste with salt and sugar. Add and stir scraped coconut. Sprinkle with water and cook for 2 minutes.
- Serve Goan Foogath hot along with roti or as salad.