Ghol leaves are seasonal and unique with their tangy taste. Ghol is often cooked just like other leafy vegetables. This recipe of ghol bhaji is simplest stir fried variety cooked with common spices and ingredients.
- 250 grams Ghol / purslane leaves
- Salt to taste
- 2 teaspoons coriander powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon Ginger garlic paste
- 1 tomato, finely chopped
- 1 Onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 pinch asafoetida
- Heat oil. Splutter cumin seeds. Fry onion till light brown.
- Add ginger garlic paste and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add tomato and cook till soft.
- Add remaining spices and chopped leaves. Mix well.
- Add salt and cook covered. Continue cooking till water is absorbed.
- Garnish with fresh grated coconut.
- Serve ghol baji with hot roti.