Gujarati undhiya using ghol bhaji / purslane green.
- 250 grams ghol bhaji, finely chopped
- 1 onion, chopped for seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds, for seasoning
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 2 tablespoons besan
- 1 tablespoon jowar powder
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds, for undhiya
- Salt as per taste
- 1 teaspoon ginger garlic paste
- 1 onion, large and finely chopped for undhiya
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 2 teaspoons red chilli powder
- 1 sprig curry leaves
- Mix chopped ghol bhaji and chilli powder, garam masala, chopped onion, ginger garlic paste, cumin seeds, turmeric powder and salt. Mix well.
- Add jowar flour and besan, slowly and mix well to avoid formation of lumps.
- With little water form as smooth dough.
- Make small balls of dough with oil greased palms. Keep side.
- Steam the balls in a steamer for 5-10 minutes. Once done, remove undiya and keep aside.
- Heat oil in pan. Splutter cumin and mustard seeds. Fry curry leaves and chopped onions till onions are brown.
- Add 1 tsp chilli powder and 1/4 turmeric powder and salt. Mix well.
- Add steamed undhiya and stir fry until crispy from outside.
- Serve ghol bhaji undhiya hot.