Stir-fried carrot salad using coconut.
This gajar ki subzi is served as a side dish during main course meals.
- 3 cups carrots, chopped
- 1 sprig, curry leaves
- 1 teaspoon split urad daal
- 1 teaspoon split Bengal gram / chana daal
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1/3 teaspoon fenugreek seeds
- 1 pinch Asafetida
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1/2 cup coconut, fresh grated
- 1 dry red chili
- 2 tablespoons oil
- salt to taste
- 1 pinch of sugar
- Heat oil. Splutter mustard seeds, fenugreek seeds, urad dal and chana dal. Roast till urad dal is slightly brown.
- Add and fry curry leaves and dry red chilli.
- Add carrot and stir fry. Add asafoetida, turmeric powder and coriander powder. Mix well.
- Add little water for moisture. Cover and cook till carrot are little tender.
- Adjust taste with salt and sugar. Add grated coconut. Mix well.
- Stir fry for a minute more.
- Serve Gajar ki sabji hot with roti or paratha.