This carrot pudding is thought to be of Arabic origin and similar to gajar ka halwa popular in north India.
- 500 grams carrots, fresh, peeled and grated
- 125 grams sugar
- 10 cashew nuts, dry roasted
- 10 almonds, dry roasted
- 10 pistachio, dry roasted
- 500 litre milk
- 4 cardamom pods, peeled and powdered
- Heal milk. Bring to boil.
- Add grated carrots and mix well. Continue heating till mixture is little thick.
- Add sugar and mix well. Add cardamom powder and nuts.
- Mix well. Continue heating till required consistency is achieved.
- Garnish with some nuts. Serve Gajrela hot or cold.