Horsegram soup with local herbs
- 400 grams gahat (horsegram)
- 3 grams jakhiya (local mustard of Uttarakhand)
- 1 pinch asafoetida
- 15 grams coriander root
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- Garlic ginger paste
- Heat oil add cumin, coriander seed, chopped ginger garlic, and onion sauté it.
- Then add asafoetida, when it starts releasing flavor add roughly chopped tomato and coriander root
- Saute it and add water and gahat, cook it on a slow flame till it is mushy
- Strain it and adjust seasoning, serve hot.