Erucheri is a spicy and delicious dish prepared with raw plantains, coconut and spices. It is a wonderful combination with steamed rice.
- 2 Plantains, peeled and cut into small pieces
- Curry leaves for seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon Urad dal
- 1 Red chilli
- 1/2 teaspoon Mustard
- Salt to taste
- 1 pinch Turmeric Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Crushed black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups Grated fresh coconut
- 1 tablespoon Coconut oil
- Cook plantains with salt, turmeric and pepper until done.
- Grind half the fresh coconut and add it to cooked plantains.
- In a seperate pan, heat coconut oil and season with mustard, urad dal, curry leaves and fry remaining grated coconut until reddish brown.
- Pour seasoning onto the plantain. Serve erucheri with steamed rice.