Steamed bottlegourd dumplings served as breakfast in Gujarat
- 1 bottlegourd, grated
- 3 cups cold cooked rice or khichdi
- 250 grams chickpea flour / besan
- 1 1/2 tablespoons coarse semolina
- 140 grams plain flour
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 green chillies, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- Lemon Juice, half lemon
- 2 1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 1/2 teaspoons salt or to taste
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 6 Curry Leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon asafoetida
- 1 tablespoon coriander leaves chopped
- Knead cooked rice, besan, semolina, bottlegourd, garlic, green chillies, little oil, baking soda, salt, turmeric powder, lemon juice and sugar without adding water into dough.
- Roll into logs and steam for 20-25 minutes till inside is cooked. Cut into pieces. Keep aside.
- Heat oil. Splutter mustard seeds, sesame seeds, curry leaves and asafoetida. Add dumplings and sauté for 5 minutes till golden from outside.
- Garnish with chopped coriander and serve Dudhi Na Muthiya hot.