Dudhi Chana Nu Shaak is a highly nutritious curry made with bottle gourd, lentils and spices. It is a quick and simple recipe that can be served with roti or rice.
- 1 cup Bottle gourd, chopped
- 2 tablespoons Oil
- 1 pinch Asafetida
- 2 Kokum or teaspoon of Lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon Garam masala powder
- 1 teaspoon Red chili powder
- 1 teaspoon Garlic paste
- 1 teaspoon Cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon Mustard seeds
- 2 cups Bengal gram dal, soaked in water for 2-3 hours
- Salt to taste
- Crackle mustard seeds in a pressure cooker, and add cumin seeds, asafetida, turmeric powder and garlic paste. Sauté for a second.
- Add bottle gourd, Bengal gram dal, red chili powder, garam masala powder, kokum or lemon juice, salt and cup of water, and mix well.
- Pressure cook the dal for 3 whistles on high flame.
- Serve Dudhi Chana Nu Shaak hot with rice or roti.