Bottlegourd vegetable curry with soaked chickpea
- 1 bottlegourd/dudhi, chopped into small pieces
- 1/2 cup chana dal, soaked for an hour
- 2 green chillies
- 1 ginger, small piece chopped
- 1 pinch Asafoetida / Hing
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1/4 teaspoon Dry mango powder/ amchoor powder
- 1/4 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
- salt to taste
- Coriander Leaves
- Pressure cook dudhi along with chana dal, green chillies, ginger, hing and little water.
- Once done, mash the mixture. Adjust consistency with water.
- Temper with hot oil, amchoor powder, turmeric and coriander powder. Adjust taste with salt.
- Garnish with coriander leaves. Serve Dudhi Chana Dal Sabji hot along with roti.