Simple Hyderabadi dessert made from bread
- 9 Bread slices, edges cleared and cut diagonally
- 2 1/2 cups Milk
- 3/4 cup Sugar
- 10 Almonds, roasted
- 10 Pistachio, roasted
- 10 Cashew nuts, roasted
- 10 Raisins
- 1/4 teaspoon Cardamom powder
- 1 pinch Saffron (mixed in 1 tsp milk)
- Air dry or gently dry roast bread. Now shallow fry bread in ghee until brown. Keep aside.
- Boil milk along with saffron.
- Serve Double ka meetha to your guests hot.
- Make sugar syrup, flowing yet thick consistency, by heating sugar in water along with cardamom powder.
- Dip fried bread in sugar syrup and cook for few minutes. Add milk and simmer uncovered till thick consistency is reached.
- Garnish with cashew nuts, pistachio, raisins and almonds