Dhoe dal is a simple and delicious dal recipe prepared with urad dal. It is a popular dish in Himachal Pradesh, served with rice or roti.
- 1 cup Dhuli Maash (Urad daal), soaked for 2-3 hours
- 1 pinch Hing
- Salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon Turmric powder
- 1 teaspoon Fennel
- 4 Cloves
- 4 Green cardamom
- 4 Black cardamom
- 1/2 inch stick Cinnamom
- 100 grams ghee
- Grind all the whole spices into a coarse powder.
- Heat ghee in a pressure cooker and add powdered masala. Stir for a minute.
- Add turmeric powder, hing, dal, salt and cook for 20 minutes.
- Add hot water and pressure cook the dal for 3-4 whistles.
- Serve Dhoe dal with rice or roti.