Breadfruit cooked in lentil curry
- 300 grams breadfruit / deeviso guzo / Jee Gujje, peeled, pith removed and cut into pieces
- 100 grams toor dal
- 2 Onion
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon tamarind paste
- 1 sprig curry leaves
- 1 tablespoon Ghee
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 6 dry red chillies
- 1 teaspoon coriander seed
- 1 teaspoon chana dal / Bengal gram
- 1 cup grated coconut
- 1 pinch Asafoetida
- Pressure cook tur dal with water and keep aside.
- Boil breadfruit chunks with tamarind water, turmeric water, onion, salt and water till tender.
- Heat ghee. Roast red chilli, coconut, asafoetida, chana dal and coriander seeds. Grind to fine paste with little water.
- Heat boiled dal along with masala paste and breadfruit mixture. Bring to boil.
- Temper dal with fried mustard seeds and curry leaves
- Serve Deeviso Guzo Ani Dhal Ghaln Kadi hot with rice