Flour pasta in lentil soup
- 1 cup tur dal, washed and soaked in water for 30 minutes
- 1 tablespoon ghee
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 3 kokum
- few curry leaves
- 1 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 2 pinches asafoetida
- 2 tablespoons coriander leaves chopped
- 2 tablespoons grated coconut
- 2 tablespoons peanuts
- 1 teaspoon jaggery grated/sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 2 tablespoons gram flour
- 2 tablespoons wheat flour
- Salt to taste
- Mix whole wheat flour & gram flour. Add salt, turmeric powder, red chili powder, asafoetida, oil & sufficient water to knead into a hard dough.
- Roll out thin rotis of dough & cut into desired shape.
- Pressure cook dal and peanuts till done. Blend with water.
- Heat ghee in a pan, crackle mustard seeds, cumin seeds. Add curry leaves, asafoetida, garlic. Add dal, kokum and turmeric powder.
- As dal boils, add dough strips and simmer. Stir in between. Cook for 15 minutes till dhokali/dough is cooked.
- Adjust taste with sugar and salt. Garnish with coriander leaves.
- Serve Dal dhokali hot with generous ghee.